10 Benefits of Exercise
It’s time that you decide to exercise, the weather is better and every day we know more benefits that you get in doing so. You know that exercise is good for you and your health, but you may not know how good it is. If you want to live more years, feel better, have more energy, and see you better, there is no better remedy than exercise. It’s never too late to start, it does not matter your gender, your age, or your current physical condition.
I will tell you some of the benefits of exercising and staying active, I hope it will be the first step for you to start a regular exercise program.
The main benefits are:
1. Reduce the risk of premature death, of developing or dying from cardiovascular disease (heart), high blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and the risk of developing colon cancer or breast.
2. Very important is to reduce the risk of developing diabetes (high blood sugar), exercise helps you reduce your weight and body fat. Increases levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and decreases triglycerides. It significantly improves glucose tolerance and decreases insulin resistance.
3. In the emotional area, reduce depression and anxiety, improves the sense of well-being and improve performance on work and social activities.
4. Both aerobic exercise (running, cycling, swimming) and the resistance (weights) that increases muscle strength, have proven benefits. These include: improving cardiovascular and respiratory function, increasing maximal oxygen uptake, improving blood supply to muscles, decreasing pulse and blood pressure.
5. It keeps your muscles healthy. Your flexibility, your muscular strength, and your tendons and ligaments all improve.
6. Keep your bones healthy. It is very important to prevent osteoporosis (low bone density), prevents osteoarthritis and frequent lower back pain is lower in people who exercise regularly.
7. If at times you feel tense after a day of hard work, a walk or go to the gym can help you feel better. Chemicals have been found in the brain that makes you feel better and happier after exercising. This improves your mood, your self-esteem, and your confidence can even prevent depression.
8. We all know that exercise burn calories, and the more intense the better. But there are easy ways to burn calories, like going up the stairs instead of using the elevator, walking down the street, using the car less. In short, any exercise is good and helps maintain your ideal weight.
9. It helps you sleep better, deeper sleep that allows you to have better concentration on the day and increase your productivity and mood.
10. You can improve your sex life, decreasing erectile dysfunction problems, especially over the years.
I hope after reading this article you get to exercise, remember you can even have fun and enjoy doing it.